Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Indie Wed Favorites - Part One

I had a great time checking out all the sights and sounds at Indie Wed, not to mention all the little tastes! So, it's been more than two weeks, and now I'm finally getting around to writing about it.

Just thought I'd mention a few of my favorites. These are in no particular order, mind you.

First, I finally got to meet Jeremy Lawson, a fantastic photographer who also happens to have a very cool blog. I've heard so much about him for so long, I felt like I already knew him, but it was fun to actually see him in real life. He had a lively circus-themed booth that he shared with makeup artist Nika Vaughan. As fun as Jeremy and Nika both were, the clown at their booth scared me a teeny bit.
Go to the blog. You'll see what I mean.


On the opposite side of the show, I made my way over to the (cacao) folks, so I could check out their offerings. They had some tempting samples, but you know I was immediately drawn to the darling little cupcakes. My weakness.

I tried the adorable little Bellini cupcakes and they were amazing! Yummy!



Upstairs, I had the chance to say hi Sarah from wedding creativo, the
talented photographers you may remember from their beautiful work on Lisa & Ben's wedding. The had a great display, which was an Venetian Carnivale theme.


While wandering around with my fellow Celebrant, Michele Rose, I ran into other great vendors I've worked with, including photographerJason Kaczorowksi, and deejay Harsh Singh. They were just visiting, like Michele and me.


I also ran into a friend from high school who is planning to a vow renewal ceremony in November. How cool is that!

While wandering around, I came across The Button Florist. Loved it!! Her bouquets are gorgeous!
I love the fact that she makes her own ceramic buttons (which are fabulous!). but also uses vintage buttons and other recycled materials. The end result is a really beautiful bouquet - or centerpiece - that lasts forever. Love it!


All in all, it was a great afternoon with lots of things (and people!) to see. I'll share more tidbits in an upcoming post.