Friday, October 8, 2010

Lisa & Ben's Wedding on Top of Chicago


I had the good fortune to marry Lisa and Benjamin at John Hancock's Signature Room this past spring. They are probably two of the nicest people I have ever met and it was such a delight getting to know them.

They knew right off the bat that they wanted a ceremony that was about the two of them, with none of the traditional rituals or embellishments. Just their love story. I was happy to oblige.


I liked them so much that I was really looking forward to their wedding during the entire ceremony-writing process. It sure didn't hurt that it was taking place in the Signature Room on top of John Hancock!

When the day finally came we were in luck. The location couldn't have been a better choice - the sky was clear and the view was magnificent!


One of my all-time favorite wedding moments wound up happening at Lisa & Ben's ceremony. And it occurred because of a technical difficulty.

Prior to the ceremony, we made sure to test the sound system and made sure everything would work perfectly. Well, when the time came for Lisa to walk down the aisle with her father
- no music.

Ben and I chuckled a bit at the minor glitch. As a few folks jumped into action to fix the problem, we waited patiently. And then it started to get a bit awkward...... Still no music.

And then, all of a sudden, a melody began.... "We're going to the chapel and we're gonna get married....."

First, a few guests and then EVERYONE sang! Lisa proceeded down the aisle on her father's arm as the guests sang "Chapel of Love." It was the most amazingly wonderful moment!

I know I'll never forget it - and I'm sure Lisa and Ben won't either!


Their wedding was recently featured on the Wedding Creativo Blog, the blog of their amazing photographers. It was also highlighted on the Wedding Checks website. Check out the links for more fabulous photos from this wedding!