Sunday, April 19, 2009

Butterfly weddings



Now that spring is upon us, my thoughts have turned to butterflies. As I'm dreaming about sweet little butterflies flitting about in my yard, I'm tossing around the idea of planting a butterfly garden.

But reality sets in as I remember that I'm a lousy (and easily distracted) gardener. Sigh.... Oh well.

But, I am quite good at thinking about gardens and butterflies and all things spring! Which ultimately led me down the path to ... butterfly weddings.

I found a great article at Favor Idea entitled, "On Wings of Love - A Butterfly Wedding Primer." It covers everything from table decorations to flower girl accessories, to the pros & cons of a live butterfly release.

If you read the article, be sure to scroll all the way down to the comments section - there are several with excellent suggestions.

While I was looking for other interesting butterfly-related stuff, I found the butterfly wedding gown pictured above. I LOVE IT!!! I'm not sure exactly what's going on with the back of the flower girl's dress (wings, perhaps?), but I think the wedding dress is fabulous!

Let's hear it for Spring! (YAY!!)