Shortly after that, when he had a group of friends over, one of the boys was being silly and pretended to be day dreaming when the other boys talked to him. He would say, "Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was in my happy place."
Later, I realized that these boys were on to something. I could use a bit of a happy infusion myself. So, I decided to make myself some happiness-to-go, in the form of a charm bracelet.
After two trips to the bead store, I completed my bracelet last week. I started
with a pile of charms, each representing someone or something special to me. I added a few beads, some because they have meaning, and others just because I happen to like them. (Pretty things make me happy!)
Some of my favorites are:
- Bride & groom charm for my Celebrant work
- Maneki Neko, the Chinese good luck cat - we've had one since we were married (and who can't use a little extra good luck, huh?)
- Cupcake charm - because, as everyone knows, I love them!
- Jade & pearl beads from one of my mother's old necklaces
- A grill charm for my hubby, who loves a good barbeque
- Clay beads made by my BFF - just for me
Now I can take all my happy things with me wherever I go..... and so can you!
Wouldn't it be fun to have a bracelet-making party?
This would be a ball for your bridal party! Each bridesmaid can make her own funky bracelet to wear for the wedding - and then has a great keepsake.
And each of you will have your very own brand of happiness.... to go!