Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You Can Make a Difference in Someone's Life!

Last week, I blogged about BE:The Exhibit, happening here in the 'burbs next week (remember? it's on MY BIRTHDAY!).

Now I'd like to invite you to get involved. You have a chance to make a difference.

Michael Anthony, organizer of BE, and creator of the documentary, For Billy, invites adults and teens to share their experiences. Join him on March 19th for an opportunity to tell your story. You may be the one to make the difference in someone's life.

I was lucky. I was never bullied. I was pretty happy as a kid. I had someone who made a difference when I was young. Her name was Gwen Wizner and she was a friend of my mom.

Gwen was larger than life - a pile of bright red hair, emerald green eyes, impeccably dressed, and a personality that sparkled. She called me "Dolly." She made me feel like I could be someone special.

Everyone needs a Gwen, but not everyone who needs someone is lucky enough to have someone. You can fill that need. You can make a difference.