Monday, March 14, 2011

Pie in Honor of Pi

So, I keep hearing that pie is the next big thing for weddings. I don't know if I buy it. How can you compete with the delightfully compact deliciousness known as the cupcake?

On the other hand, I have to admit that I do love me some pie!

I like making them and I really like eating them. And I make a mean strawberry margarita pie with a pretzel crust, if I do say so myself. But pie will not overtake cupcakes at weddings. There. I said it.

What brought up this whole topic is that today is Pi Day. Go, 3.1415... (etc. etc.)!

In celebration of this occasion I was planning to make a pie. But do I have all the ingredients I needed for any one of the pies I wanted to make? Of course not. And do I feel like running out to the store for one item? Also, NO.

So, instead, I offer Pi Day wedding ideas, courtesy of The Gael Gallery blog. And for some cool pix from actual Pi Day weddings, check out Photo Pink, Instructables, and Offbeat Bride.

In the meantime, go enjoy a slice of pie.

Tomorrow you can go back to cupcakes.