Monday, February 14, 2011

Sue & Gary's Romantic Wedding.... at Home!


Since it's Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share the details of a romantic wedding that I had the pleasure of officiating this past weekend.

Sue and Gary tied the knot in their lovely Oak Park home on Saturday afternoon. It was just the two of them, their photographer, Lee Balgemann, and Henry & Abby, their furry friends. Henry even wore a black tie for the occasion.

It was utterly romantic! The setting was perfect. They were sealing their commitment in their very favorite place - home.

Lots of candles in the background helped create a warm, intimate setting as they exchanged their vows with a combination of laughter and tears.

My favorite part of their story is the engagement. Unbeknownst to Sue, Gary had the engagement ring in his possession when they went on a vacation to California. To create the perfect moment, he hired scuba divers to help deliver his message.

As they were sitting on the beach, soaking in the sun, two scuba divers suddenly appeared in the water and approached them. They presented Sue with a large shell. She opened the shell and I'll bet you know what was inside! Yep - the ring!

How smooth is that? I gave Gary major points when I heard that story!

Well, the engagement finally came to fruition on Saturday, and Sue and Gary are already on the road to Happily Ever After. I'm confidant that they'll enjoy a wonderful journey together.


Congratulations, Sue & Gary. I'm so happy I was able to be a part of your wedding day. It was such a joy.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!