Sunday, November 7, 2010

Patty & Jessica's Rustic Barn Wedding

When I arrived at Byron Colby Barn for Jessica & Patty's rehearsal, the bridal party and family members were busily putting up decorations. In fact, some folks were hammering the frame of the canopy when I arrived, while others were hanging lanterns in the trees. This was definitely one cool, crafty DIY wedding!

I have to preface all the details of the big event by saying that Patty and Jessica are one of the most fun couples I've met. After talking to them and then reading their questionnaires, I was really excited to work on their their ceremony.

It turned out to be sweet and funny - and I even got to use Twilight references. Heck, the ceremony started with a quote from the Princess Bride. They were definitely my kinda gals!

But, I have to admit that I adored them even more when I saw all the wonderful details Patty and Jessica had planned for their rustic fall wedding. There are so many delicious tidbits to share, that I'll have to let the pictures tell the story. But, here are a few of my favorites:
  • Buckets of birdseeds for the guests to throw after the ceremony
  • The button bouquet (made by Patty!) and coordinating button-aires for the guys
  • Pitchers filled with citrus fruit as table decor, serving as the table markers
  • Jars of jam as table decor - and guest favors
  • An impossibly cute flower girl and ring bearer duo
  • A wonderful wooden chest with a gorgeous quilt - a wedding gift for the couple!
  • The gorgeous yellow, orange and green handfasting cord - also made by Patty
  • Photo display with lots of great pictures of Patty & Jessica
Congratulations Jessica & Patty! It was such a joy to be a part of your special day. I wish you a lifetime of joy and laughter!