Saturday, July 10, 2010

Wedding Beads for You!

I know I've written a post about BeadforLife before, but I was motivated to do so again when the most recent newsletter popped up in my email.

This edition of The Bead included an article called "Shopping Is Giving: Add Beads to Your Wedding!"

Well, you know that had my name all over it.

The article shared the story of a customer who proposed to his wife by presenting her with - not a diamond ring - but a bracelet from BeadforLife.

The woman (who is now his wife) said, “The fact that Ugandan women made these beads added a tremendous amount of value to the engagement! This symbol of our commitment to each other also represents something real and valuable to those Ugandan women and their families.” How cool is that?!

If your p
roposal has already happened, BeadforLife can still play a role in your wedding. For example, brides can give a jewelry set to bridesmaids - complete with necklace, earrings and bracelet - for as little as $25! Not only are the pieces very affordable, the jewelry really is gorgeous. Trust me, I know.

I have
hosted Bead Parties for the past five years and own more BeadforLife bracelets than any one person really should. Just ask my husband, who puts up with my bead habit. Actually, as I sit here writing, I realize that right now, at this very moment, I'm wearing a BeadforLife necklace, a band bracelet, and two bangle bracelets. I love them all! And there's lots more in my jewelry box.... and the bathroom cabinet.... and the table next to my bed..... you get the idea.

Besides being attractive, inexpensive, and durable - your purchase makes a huge difference in the lives of the beaders in Uganda.

So, if you're still thinking about bridesmaids gifts, or shower favors, or even jewelry for yourself, consider shopping at BeadforLife's online shop. Just take a peek.

C'mon. You know you want to!