Saturday, June 19, 2010

What's the Point?



The Point, also known as Promontory Point, is a peninsula created in the 1930's on Lake Michi
gan. The field house, with its wall of windows, features a gorgeous view of Chicago's lakefront.

The interior, in addition to offering a great view, provides a lovely, open space for a ceremony and/or rec
eption. There is also a patio on the northern side of the building which is a perfect spot for a ceremony if the weather permits.

I had the pleasure of officiating a wedding at Promontory Point (for a very sweet & lovely couple!) during the first weekend of June. The weather was
pretty gray and the threat of rain loomed over us. I have to admit that, while I was grateful for the breeze, I was also a little nervous about those dark clouds that were gathering.

However, the outdoor ceremony was spared the rain. In fact, at the exact moment that the couple exchanged their "I do," the sun broke through the clouds. I wish I could have planned it that way!



It wa
s too perfect!

So, if you're looking for a venue that offers a beautiful view, and brings you a little closer to Mother Nature, this may be your spot!