Answer: As anyone who reads my blog knows, I'm not a fan of couples being told how to do things. There is no right way, as far as I'm concerned. But, there are several options.
- The attendants can walk in as pairs.
- The groomsmen can walk in with the groom (often from a side entrance) and stand up front at the beginning of the ceremony. In this scenario, the bridesmaids walk individually.
- The bride may be escorted by a parent, both parents, siblings - or no one at all.
- I've also had some couples opt for walking in together.
- In very small weddings, some couples opt to have everyone gather together in circle, and do away with the processional altogether!