Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What Ever Happened to Sleeves?

I have noticed something disturbing and wanted to bring it to your attention.

Sleeves have disappeared. It's true.
But don't be alarmed - this phenomenon appears to be limited to wedding gowns.

Seriously - just about every wedding gown I've seen in the past year has been sleeveless. So, where the heck did the sleeves go?

Well, I went on a mission to find out - and to see if wedding dresses with sleeves even exist.
It wasn't easy. I googled "long sleeve wedding dress" and "sleeve wedding dress" and tried other similar searches. Very often the dresses that showed up were (you guessed it!) sleeveless. One of the searches even resulted in my finding babydoll pajamas. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

But, I searched on and did ultimately find some lovely dresses.

So, for you brides out there who aren't as confident as Michelle Obama and may want to cover those upper arms - there is hope! It may take a bit of work, but your dress is out there.

Here are two of my favorites:

The one on the left, with the long jacket, is from ebay. The smoky-colored dress is by Jovani and listed as a bridesmaid dress, but I think it would be gorgeous for a bride.