Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Q & A - Exchanging Rings

Question: At the last wedding I attended, when the couple exchanged rings they each said, "With this ring, I thee wed."
Is there something else we can use instead of this?


Answer: When you exchange rings, you can say what ever you want!
Here are samples of ring vows chosen by couples whose wedding ceremonies I've written:


  • I give you this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness to you.
  • I give you this ring as a sign of my love and devotion. May its presence on your hand serve always to remind you of my love. May you find shelter, peace, and most of all happiness in the love I give to you for the rest of my life.
  • Please accept this ring in token of the vow made between us and as a sign of my love and commitment to you.
  • I, _____, take you, _____, to be my wife/husband. I gibe you this ring as a symbol of my love and a sign of my promise.

Remember, choose what feels right to you!