Monday, June 29, 2009

Local Profile: Vocalist Teresa Scalise

I thought it was about time to highlight the local talent available for weddings.

The first person I'm featuring is a wonderful young woman - Teresa Scalise: dancer, actor and singer.

When Teresa is not busy performing, she is the bright, smiling face that serves my beverages at the Mt. Prospect Caribou Coffee. That's how me met several years ago. She brews a mean cup of coffee!

When I was studying to become a Celebrant, Teresa was kind enough to be my vocal evaluator. She was a huge help!

Teresa has been a part of many productions, several at Emerald City's Children's Theater. Among her many rolls, she has portrayed Gretel in "Hansel and Gretel," Fern in "Charlotte's Web," and Mrs. Mayor and Mayzie in "Seussical, the Musical."

Most importantly for all you folks getting married - Teresa sings at weddings! She has been doing so for many years and would be a wonderful addition for any type of ceremony. She can be reached at teresa.scalise@gmail.com. Email her for information about singing at your wedding!