Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BYOB Painting Party!

Eliane giving me some painting tips
If you live anywhere in or around Chicago, you know all about the flooding we've endured. If you live near the airport (like me!) you have horror stories of nightmarish commutes for the past week. Therefore, it was a lovely distraction from the weather woes to enjoy a girls night last Friday. Organized by my sister, I joined a group of lovely ladies for a BYOB Painting Party at  The Art Station Studio in Park Ridge.

It was so much FUN!!!! 

Here I am with the owner, artist Eliane Balsewich, getting some pointers on my technique (or maybe the lack thereof).  

The great thing about this (besides getting to drink wine and eat goodies with friends) is that you don't need to know how to paint. Eliane and her team of artists will provide you with as much help as you need. Heck, they're even willing to do the finishing touches, if you like!
Moni & Rosemary with their finished work


The happy artists!
Everyone picks their own project to paint - our group leaned towards flowers and booze. You can also choose to stick with a theme for the group. Eliane mentioned that a local book club had their meeting at the studio and each person painted something related to the book they read. I love that!

I think this would be a great outing for just about any group, for any occasion - bachelorette party, birthday, you name it. Wouldn't it be fun to have a baby shower where everyone paints something for the nursery? 

Whatever the reason, I highly recommend contacting Eliane at The Art Station Studio to organize your own BYOB Painting Party. 

And she'll even let you pain something like this:


My octopus dutifully guarding the bookshelf