Thursday, September 8, 2011

Something for Your Sweet Tooth


My BFF Martha, recently featured candy-inspired cakes on her website. They are, of course, fabulous!

Just take a look at this beauty in the photo. Imagine this cake along side a colorful candy buffet. Willie Wonka would be proud!

If you are considering candy for your wedding, I would suggest a stop at Sweetness in La Grange.

My husband discovered the shop with our son one afternoon while strolling around La Grange Road. When I saw the treasures they came home with, I had to check it out myself.

Not only does this place have an amazing selection of vintage candies, there are plenty of new delights to discover, too! There's a whole counter devoted to a variety of sweets sold by the pound - and displayed in big glass jars. So cool! I'm talking Swedish fish, licorice, flying saucer candy.... you name it!

To make the experience even better, owner Julie Magno-Procich is very welcoming and friendly . To my detriment, she was so friendly during my visit that she offered me a candy sample. She innocently asked, "Do you like grapefruit?"

It's not my favorite, but I like it just fine. So I said, "Sure!"

Well, then she told me I had to try the grapefruit gummi candy. I tasted the sample and a new addiction was born. They're incredible! Of course, I purchased a bag full and have created a slew of new addicts in the last few weeks.

In any case, stop by Sweetness and say hi to Julie. She creates fantastic candy displays and buffets for weddings, so be sure to ask her about that. Just be careful, she may offer you a sample and then you're in trouble!