Announcing - Under a New Moon!
Under a New Moon is a celebration of same-sex civil unions in Illinois! Be one of the first couples to have a civil union ceremony in Chicago!
Six lucky couples will win a midnight ceremony and "mini-wedding" at Catalyst Ranch, Chicago's most unique event space!
The party will begin at 10:30 on June 1st, with guests arriving and enjoying appetizers and cocktails.
Group ceremony will begin at midnight, followed by a reception that will include dessert - and dancing!
This momentous occasion will include:
- Pampering for the couples before the ceremony, including hair and make-up services provided by Nika Vaughan
- A group civil union ceremony - conducted by ME, Anita Vaughan! This will include individual vows for each couple
- A reception for couples and their guests following the ceremony, with fabulous deejay, Toast and Jam
But wait, there's more!
- Each couple will be able to invite 12 guests
- Photography of the event by amazing photographer, Jeremy Lawson Photography
- Video by I Do Films
- Wedding cake by Bleeding Heart Bakery
- Delicious treats by Luscious Layers Bakery (a personal favorite of mine!)
- Truffle party favors by Katherine Anne Confections
- Flowers by Pollen, a local eco-friendly florist
- Food by Entertaining Company
- Programs by Paper Stories
- Wedding coordination by SQN Events and Greatest Expectations
- Each couple will also receive a one night stay on June 1st at Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro
To be considered, couples must enter via the Under a New Moon Facebook Page.
Your entry must be a response to the following:
June 1st is a New Moon, which is considered a harbinger of good fortune and new beginnings. So, we want you to tell us how your relationship is a once-in-a-lifetime connection. How will your union mark a new phase in your lives together?
Share your story with us, in writing or with a short video, submitted to the page. Then, get your friends and family to show their support by liking your entry.
The six winners will be selected by the Under a New Moon committee.
- Entries must be submitted via Facebook page, either in written form or in a short video (maximum 5 minutes).
- Entries must include a photo of the couple.
- Couples must submit their own entries. Entries for other people will not be considered.
- Finalists must be available for an in-person interview at Catalyst Ranch to be scheduled on May 9th. (This is a change from the original date)
- Winners must obtain a civil union license at a Cook County Clerk's office on June 1st. You will not be able to participate in the event without a license!
- Winners will be required to attend a wedding rehearsal at Catalyst Ranch on the evening on May 31st.
- Winners agree to be available for media contact and understand that their likenesses will be used for promotional materials.
- Winners (both partners) will be required to sign a contract, including agreement to obtain civil union license on June 1st, photo release, etc.
- UPDATE- Deadline to enter is May 6, 2011!
- Winners will be announced on May 15, 2011