Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Alison & Scott's Sweet End-of-Summer Wedding


As I've mentioned before, I'm wayyy behind on my blog posts. I have been meaning to share details of this wedding for months. So, finally, here you are.

Scott and Alison had a lovely wedding last September at the Deer Path Inn in Lake Forest. Already a gorgeous location, the beautiful weather made it even better. We were a little concerned about rain when we had the rehearsal, but the day was great. I did brag that I have never had a ceremony "rained out," so I was relieved to maintain my clean track record.




The ceremony was in the lovely outdoor courtyard which added to the warm, intimate feel of the occasion.

One of my favorite details of the ceremony was that Alison and Scott chose to incorporate a ring blessing in the ceremony, after they exchanged vows. This ritual is such a perfect way to include family and friends, and really creates a sense of community.

I asked the guests to direct their blessings and positive energy to the rings now worn by the couple, in order to infuse them with the love of the entire group.

It was wonderful - you could really feel the warmth and energy flowing forth from their family and friends. What a joy to be a part of such an amazing moment!

Another unique touch was the personal details Alison and Scott added to the day. My favorite was that the tables were identified by pictures of the couple, enjoying various activities together.

What a great idea!

Alison and Scott, this is long overdue, but congratulations! Thank you for letting me be a part of your wedding day.