Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lara & Joe's Wild Wedding!

I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of Lara & Joe's fabulous wedding this past October at Brookfield Zoo.

Besides getting to marry another librarian (some of my favorite people are librarians!), I finally had the opportunity to do a zoo wedding!! How cool is that?

Seriously, I LOVE Brookfield Zoo (and librarians), and every time I went to the zoo with my kids I would say, "I really want to do a wedding here." My wish came true!!!

But, what made it even better was the fact that Lara and Joe are so nice - and fun! I had a great time working on their ceremony. I even managed to use one of my favorite quotes, from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: While they’re riding up in the glass elevator, Willie Wonka says to Charlie, "Don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted…..
He lived happily ever after."

They also incorporated a handfasting in the ceremony, which is one of my favorite rituals.

Of course, the surroundings were nothing less than amazing. The ceremony took place in front of the Roosevelt Fountain, which is home to pelicans rescued from the Gulf of Mexico. A beautiful setting!

Cocktail hour was in The Swamp, where guests could mingle amongst the river otters and alligators. So cool!

My favorite part? Lara's dad giving me the new title of Priestess.

Be sure to click here to see the gorgeous pictures by their great photographer from r3 multimedia group.