Friday, July 23, 2010

17 Years and Counting!

Today, my husband and I are celebrating our 17th Anniversary! Yay for us!!

We rang in the occasion last night by staying up past midnight watching the fabulously bad movie,
Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus, starring none other than Debbie Gibson (oh sorry, it's Deborah Gibson now) and Lorenzo Lamas. It was as bad as it sounds - and we enjoyed it imme
nsely!

Today, we're dropping the kids off at their grandparents' house and spending the day hanging out together, trolling garage sales and going out for lunch. A perfect day with my hubby!

And to share the love with you, here are some pix from the big day back in 1993.

First, there's me, walking down the aisle at Unity Temple in Oak Park. Notice the guy standing to the left (the only one standing, for some reason)? T
his photo was taken right after he high-fived me as I was coming down the aisle. Classy.

The next photo is the ring exchange. Look how cute my hubby is! He was pretty nervous that day, an
d I doubt that my cracking jokes helped much. Such as when I said, "You better." after he said, "I do."

I know. I make no excuses for myself, I can only hang my head in shame.

But, I'd also
like to point out the dress. It was beautiful and a labor of love - my mom designed it and sewed it all on her own. We spent lots of time discussing (arguing) the style of the dress. She won.

It did have a nice detachable train, which went over the long, narrow skirt. But what's with those puffy shoulder
s? And that poof of netting attached to the cap?!?! What was I thinking?

Mind you, the dress I had been dreaming about was a long, flowy, hippie-chick style. Imagine a long-haired girl in this dress standing in a field of daisies. That was my vision. As you can see, not even close to what I wound up in.

Oh well. It was all well worth it.

Happy anniversary to my wonderful Hubby, who continues to be the best thing that ever happened to me. XOXO