Wednesday, April 7, 2010

WIth This Ring....

When I'm working with couples on their wedding ceremony, I try to encourage them to be involved in the creation process.

One way to make your ceremony more personalized is to write your own ring vows or marriage vows. This can be a rich and rewarding experience, and allows people to really reflect on their relationship and their upcoming marriage.


Of course, not everyone is comfortable with writing the vows, especially when, ultimately, there will be witnesses!

So, another option is to get involved with selecting the words yourself. Review examples of vows and ring exchanges and see what appeals to you. You can change the wording to suit your tastes, or combine different vows. It's up to you!


Here are a few of my other favorites:

"With this ring, I thee wed, and with my body, I thee worship, and with all my worldly goods thee endow."


"This ring is a token of my faithfulness and love and a symbol that all I have I share with you. Let this ring symbolize our one life together. I accept this ring as a symbol of our one life together."


You should say words that have meaning to you and feel right. Be sure you look at different examples and pick the words that are YOU!