Saturday, February 13, 2010

Words of Love

In honor of Valentine's Day, here are some of my favorite quotes used in wedding ceremonies I've written in that past year:

"When two hands make a stand together on the solid rock of trust, they could be a million miles from each other and still be side by side in love." - Chris Ledoux, from the song,
"Big Love"

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." - Rumi (Persian poet)

"....happiness exists at just one time. And that time is now." - Willie Nelson,
The Tao of Willie

"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." - Neil Gaiman (from an interview)

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you brought out." - Erich Fried, from the poem, "I Love Thee"

"I have found for the first time what I can truly love - I have found you. You are my sympathy - my better self - my good angel - I am bound to you with a strong attachment." - Charlotte Bronte, from
Jane Eyre