Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Local Cupcakes!

My cupcake dreams have come true.
I have found delicious, beautiful cupcakes just a few minutes' drive from home!

Knowing about my cupcake obsession/addiction, my good friend Julia told me about le Sucre Cakes & Cupcakes a few months ago. I finally made my way over there with the kids in tow and, boy, was it
fantastic!

We sampled the Strawberry Cupcake (with fresh strawberries in it!), which was topped with Cream Cheese Frosting. Delicious! Also wonderful were the Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting and the Mocha with Espresso Buttercream Frosting. But the winner was the Salted Caramel Cupcake topped with Caramel Cream Cheese frosting. It was unbelievably wonderful! A perfect blend of sweet with a hint of salty. Heavenly!

We nibbled on our treats as I enjoyed a fresh cup of coffee in the cafe.
Of course, being the chatty gal that I am, I met the friendly owners - husband and wife team, Eric and Minja Lee. I learned that they've been in business about seven months and that Minja Lee is the chef. She's the brilliant inventor of these wonderful concoctions.... and she's really nice, too!

I'm still happy just thinking about my lovely experience. My daughter said she wants to go back for her birthday next month. (I don't know if I can wait that long!)

Now, just imagine these delectable little delights at your bridal shower or wedding!
And if the cakes taste as good as the cupcakes, you can't go wrong with ordering your wedding cake from le Sucre!

So, stop in at le Sucre soon. They're located at the corner of Oakton & Waukegan in Niles. Go meet these nice people and support a local business - you'll be glad you did!