Thursday, August 13, 2009

Friday Q & A - Wedding music


Question:
I don't want traditional music for my ceremony, but I don't know what other songs to use. Any ideas?

Answer: I always tell couples to go with the things that have meaning for them.
Do the two of you have a special song?
Are there certain songs that will make you stay in the car after you've parked - just to hear the end?

Take some time to listen to
your favorite songs and see if they would fit into your ceremony.
One word of advice - check the lyrics and make sure your song is appropriate for a wedding!
You probably wouldn't want a "break-up" song for your processional!

To give you some ideas, here are a few songs used by some of the wonderful & creative couples I've married....

Processional songs:
"Solsbury Hill" - Peter Gabriel
"Is This Love?" - Bob Marley
"Sweet Child O' Mine" - (cover version) Angry String Orchestra (I LOVED this one!)

Recessional songs:
"For Once in My Life" - Stevie Wonder
"So Happy Together" - the Turtles
"Signed, Sealed, Delivered" - Stevie Wonder
"In My Life" - Beatles