Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Literary Affair


This past weekend Chicago played host to the annual Chicago Tribune Printers Row Lit Fest. I'm sorry to say that I missed the event, especially because there were appearances by some of my favorites - namely, Marc Smith, creator and host of the Green Mill Poetry Slam, and the fabulous author, Neil Gaiman. Sigh.

But then, as I was drinking my tea and reading the Trib yesterday morning, I learned of another reason to be disappointed about missing the festival. A wedding!

According to the Trib story, the couple had their first date at the festival two years ago and chose it for the site of their wedding this past Saturday.

In keeping with the book theme, the wedding programs were bookmark-shaped and the bride's bouquet was made of origami flowers, created from the pages of old books. Fantastic!

I wish I could have been there to see it.....