Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I DO! ARRRRRGGHHH

I recently came across a fun blog, Planning Pirate Weddings. As the name suggests, it's all about planning a pirate-themed wedding. I love it!

As quoted by Nick Hoffman on his blog,
"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

I've been pretty good, haven't I?
But there's no high seas adventure in sight for me yet. Sigh...

I guess my fascination with pirate-y stuff explains why I always dress as a pirate for Halloween (although I do on occasion stray into the realm of the gypsy queen- my costume is very versatile).

A colleague of mine officiated a pirate wedding here in Chicago last summer and it was very cool! I saw some of the photos and it looked like the couple had all the details. The guests came decked out in pirate garb; even the wedding cake fit the theme - it was a big treasure chest. I have been jealous ever since.

So, by now you've probably guessed that I love theme weddings. I'm still hoping to get a call from a couple wanting a Halloween costume party wedding!

In the meantime, are you planning a theme wedding? Have you attended a fun theme wedding?

Feel free to leave a comment and share your story. And if you are planning a pirate-themed affair, be sure to visit Planning a Pirate Wedding!