Thursday, February 26, 2009

Enjoy the Tropics in the Chicago suburbs

Now that the snow has stopped, we're being inundated by rain. ARRGGHH!! Make it stop!!

So, it's time to tell you about one of my favorite places, Tiki Terrace, right here in Des Plaines. Who knew! My family and I have been there several times - my daughter has requested her birthday dinner to be there for the last two years in a row. As a matter of fact, here she is, posing near the stage. This place is truly an escape to the islands.

The food is really good - I love the coconut chicken. And even though I have never been a big fan of coconut, the coconut cake is amazing!!! And I mean every one of the exclamation points (even that one)!

Last summer I participated in the 2008 Windy City Ukulele Festival held at Tiki Terrace. It was incredible! I am a complete uke novice, but I met the most wonderful people at the fest and saw the best performances. In this picture I'm at Tiki Terrace with Ukulele Tonya, a fun, fantastic, patient teacher, and Seeso, the ukulele guru of whom I'm a HUGE fan. But all that's a whole other post.....

My whole point for this post is to tell you about a wonderful place where you can escape from the nasty weather and step into an island paradise. Best of all, Tiki Terrace is available for WEDDINGS!! See, there was a point to all of this!