Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cupcakes - my secret shame



Okay, I have a confession..... I was the one who ate the last Valentine's Day cupcake. I couldn't help it. It kept calling to me until I couldn't stand it anymore! I cannot resist the siren song of a delicious little chocolate cake topped with a swirl of frosting. It was decorated with a pink candy heart saying "thanks." How pathetic is that? It wasn't even trying to stop me....

So now that I've revealed my obsession, you can imagine my delight when I discovered the world of wedding cupcakes. Yes, that's right - Wedding Cupcakes!

You can get the lowdown on the phenomenon from
weddingcupcakes.org. And no, I did not make that up.

It's a very cool website and covers everything from cupcake recipes to displaying your cupcakes, and even Croquembouche. Hey, I didn't know what that was either, until I went to the website - and if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you. (Just click on it- you know you want to)

I think cupcakes are a fabulous idea for weddings a
nd wouldn't be too hard as a do-it-yourself wedding project. I'm certainly no cake decorator myself, but fresh flowers can do wonders to make any baked dessert beautiful. My only advice - don't skimp on the frosting!